Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What I say is what I get
The word of God is His power force working within the universe (Genesis 1:3, 6-7, 9, 11). I am made in His image; therefore, my spoken words program my life.

Through His Spirit: God engraved His word into the spirit of believers - their heart (1 Corinthians 2:10-12). Believers received the Spirit from God so that they would know the things given by God (1 Corinthians 2:12). God enabled the apostle Paul to speak persuasive words of power (1 Corinthians 2:3-4). His persuasive spoken words of power enabled the faith of the believers to rest on the power of God (1 Corinthians 2:5).

Through my words: I speak that which comes from the fullness of the treasure of my heart (Matthew 12:34, 15:18, Luke 6:45). Therefore, when I speak I am speaking the very power force of God (Ephesians 3:20, 2 Samuel 23:1-2). My faith comes from hearing myself speak the very word of faith that I have heard preached (Romans 10:17, 8). The very words that I speak activate the very power of God that is within me (Hebrews 4:1-2).

My spoken words (of faith) program my life for life. God wants me to always speak faithfully about my faith, family, and finances. I must never, ever speak fearfully.

Abraham fathered Isaac (Genesis 21:1-7). Isaac fathered twin sons, Esau and Jacob (Genesis 25:21-26). Isaac blessed his son Jacob (Genesis 30:20-30, 31:22-25, 29). By what he said, Isaac intended to bless his son Esau (Genesis 27:1-4). But, by what he said, Isaac instead blessed his son Jacob (Genesis 27:4-29).

Because of what Isaac said to his son Jacob, God blessed Jacob (Genesis 28:10-22). But, because of what Isaac said to his son Jacob, in spite of the fact that he thought he was speaking his son Esau, God blessed Jacob (Genesis 35:9-13).

By what I say, I may bless others. I can never unsay what I have said (Matthew 14:6-10, Daniel 6:6-16). Spoken blessings are irrevocable (Genesis 27:30-37, 28:1-4, Numbers 30:1-2). Therefore, what I say overrules what I intend. God wants me to choose my words carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment